MC4 Connector – Pair
MC4 connectors are connectors commonly used for connecting solar photovoltaic panels.
- Rated Current 30A
- Withstanding Voltage: 1000V DC
- Contact Resistance: Less than 0.5 Mohms
- Protection Class: Class II
- Temperature Range: -40 C ~ +90 C
- Protection Degree: IP2X, unmated; IP67, mated
- Wire Size Range: 4mm2,
- Insulation Material: PC/PA, black
- Contact Material: Copper, Sliver plated
- Flame Class: UL94-VO or UL94-5VA
- TUV certified
MC4 connectors are single contact connectors which are commonly used for connecting photovoltaic solar panels. MC4 stands for the manufacture Multi-Contact and a 4mm2 contact assembly pin.
While small solar systems used such things as battery charging and may not require special connectors, for the more commonly used, larger systems which are used for power generation, they involve higher currents and voltages, therefore require special demands for both cables and connectors in order to conduct a safe operation.